This guides explains how the Explore People function can generate reports, to answer event questions such as:
- How many delegate are here right now?
- Is the company 'MarTech Limited' registered as an exhibitor?
- How many VIP's have provided their mobile numbers?
You can even answer more complicated question such as:
- Did anyone from 'MarTech Limited' register as a delegate, after we sent the eDM campaign on Tuesday 23rd?
By default, the following filters are set.
Pressing Load will return the first 100 registered people, in chronological order.
Refining the Results
Once the results have loaded, you can:
- Change the sort order, by clicking on the column heading
- Search within a column, by typing into the column search field
- Hide a column, by selecting the dropdown next to the column name
- Export the results as a CSV file, by pressing the Menu icon (top right of results table)
You can apply multiple filters when exploring people. Once you apply, or change filters, you must press the Load button, to see the results. To add filters, simply press the Add Filter button.
- Registration Status (registered or cancelled)
- Maximum records returned
- Categories, select one or many
- Checked In (are they at the event?)
- Registered After (did they register/were they imported after a particular date/time)
- Registered Before (did they register/were they imported before a particular date/time)
- Sessions Attended (did they attend a particular session)
Additional fields can be included in the results, but his is optional. To include them, simply select Include Columns button. This will add a column in the results table. If a person has a value in that corresponding field, it will display in the appropriate row. Here is an example adding Country to the report.
If the desired additional field is not available for selection, this can be updated by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Things to keep in mind
- The logic of selecting multiple filters is OR (not AND). For example, selecting both Delegate and Exhibitor categories, will return all people that are in either Delegate OR Exhibitor category.
- People are only counted once, so if they exist in multiple categories they wont be counted multiple times in the results.
- When manipulating the results, you are manipulating only the results. For example, sorting a column, is only sorting the results. If you are looking to change the default load from the first registered, to the last registered, you will need to adjust the filter, before changing the sort order.
- Long running queries for large datasets and complex filters (typically > 10k people records and 5+ filters applied) may timeout if they run for too long. If they do, refine the results further, to get the desired result.