- Create multiple surveys per event (eg: One for Exhibitors, and one for Delegates)
- Multiple question types including; free text, select, multi-select, range, radio, star rating
- Toggle which questions are required to be answered
- Quickly create surveys options the pre-defined, common answers
- Survey people based on the sessions they attended only. This keeps the survey short and personalised.
- Send the Survey via SMS and Email instantly or schedule ahead of time
- Send surveys to categories of people
- Easily send followup reminders to complete the survey for those who haven't yet
- Customise the Survey Title, Description and footer text
- Customise the thank you message when a user submits the survey
- View Survey results in real time
- Sessions are presented in chronological order with the location name and sessions start / end time
- Export the raw data as CSV
- Reorder questions within a group by click and drag
If customisation are not set, the defaults are used.
- Set Survey Colour (must be a contrasting colour to white)
- Customise the footer text to include an optional terms and conditions link (HTML input required)
- Customise the success message (HTML input required)
- Set a survey close date/time. Once this time has passed, users are not able to view or submit the survey.
View supported HTML here.
- The survey structure is static, and although questions can be ordered, question groups can't be.
- Session Survey is always displayed as the last section of the survey.
- The Session related questions always display the Room name and the start and end date/time. Time is displayed in 24 hour format.
- Session related questions are presented in chronological order
- A person is required to present their Jomablue Smart Badge upon entering the room to enable them to be surveyed for that session
- You can't delete questions or any part of a survey once a survey has responses from people
- There is currently no opportunities for branding or image placement.
- Send a SMS survey at the conclusion of the event
- Followup to any people that have not answered, 1-2 business days later
- The shorter the survey the better - longer surveys have a higher chance of being abandoned halfway through, and the survey results are not captured until the "Submit" button at the bottom is clicked
- Keep your survey questions consistent across your events, so you have baseline metrics to compare events
- Use selections or radios wherever possible, free text and multi-select can be difficult to draw conclusions from