iOS support for Web App Manifests is still "In Development". In the meantime the Event App has a build in prompt to remind users to install the app to their home screen.
Jomablue Event App supports auto detection of iOS users and their browser and will present a popup to encourage adding the Event App to their home screen.
Please Note: Adding the app to the home screen is only supported in Safari on iOS
For iOS users the install process is a 3-tap process when using Safari:
- Tapping the share icon
- Selecting "Save to Home Screen"
- Press Save
Here is the workflow of the functionality;
When the prompt will and will not appear
- Prompt does not appear when app is in standalone mode ("added to home screen")
- The prompt appears after a 2 second delay
- The prompt disappears after 10 second delay for that session
- The prompt disappears after any click on screen for that session
- The prompt will reappear if opened in a new tab
- Pressing "x" on the prompt will hide the prompt forever
- The prompt wont display if the event app is already saved to home screen