One of the Blocks available in Community is the Featured Sessions Block. This Block allows you to select any number of Sessions, and display them in any desired order.
Featured Session Blocks are a great way to bring your Attendee's attention to specific Sessions - they can be placed on any Canvas, and can be used in many different ways, for example:
- Promoting your Keynote and/or main sponsored Sessions on your Lobby Canvas
- Indicating any Sessions sponsored by a certain Vendor on that Vendor's Canvas
- Showing which Session is coming up next on the Canvas of a current Session
Featured Session Block Structure
A Featured Session Block has the following components:
- Title - the title of the Featured Session Block
- Subtitle/Description - a text area below the Title, to describe the Featured Session Block
- Session(s) - a list of one or more Sessions that are featured in the Block
The list of Session(s) are displayed in the same manner as they would be in the Agenda - see the example of a Featured Session Block below:
Sample usages of Featured Session Blocks
Featured Session Blocks have a number of applications, including:
- Promotion of Sponsored Sessions - Sponsored Sessions can be added to Featured Session Blocks, which can be placed in strategic locations to provide maximum visibility for those Sessions.
- Organisation of similar Sessions - Sessions can be grouped together into Streams, and displayed together in a Featured Session block. Below is an example of 4 Featured Session Blocks used to group Sessions together. In this case, 4 Featured Session Blocks were created, and then the Sessions that are part of each Stream were added to the corresponding Block
For more information on how Sessions are displayed in the Agenda, see this article.
Updated for Jomablue 5.3 onward