Touchpoints are designed to deliver content to people as a data collection point. Touchpoints can be configured to optionally send a SMS, Email, or insert a card into the Feed of their Event App. Additionally, when a person taps their badge, the interaction date/time is recorded and can be used for real-time engagement scoring or other post-event reporting.
Some Touchpoint use cases include:
- Tap your badge and a business analyst will give you a call tomorrow
- Tap to subscribe to our weekly newsletter
- Tap if you would like to receive more post event information
- Get a 90 day free trial by tapping your badge
- Tap to get our latest white paper and case study
Configuring a Touchpoint
To configure your Touchpoints, log in to Jomablue and navigate to Touchpoints/Card Templates in the left-hand menu. Then click New Touchpoint to create a new Touchpoint.
The minimum required fields for configuring a Touchpoint are:
- Name - this is the internal label for the Touchpoint and is not customer-facing (30 char max)
- Title - Displayed on device (30 char max)
- Description - Displayed on device (170 char max)
- Background Colour (must be a hex value, and must contrast with white text)
- Success Message - what is seen after badge tap (80 char max)
The following fields are optional:
- Image (Recommended 700 x 700 px, square aspect png/jpg image)
- Card ID - Select the card template to insert upon tap
- SMS Content ID - Select the SMS template to send upon tap
- Email Content ID - Select the Email to send upon tap
Important to note:
- The font on each Touchpoint is not currently customisable (inc colour, style). All font is left justified.
- Touchpoints feature on-screen elements designed to catch the attention of passers-by, and to guide them to tap their Smart Badge in the correct location. The corners of the device flash and change colour to attract attention from a distance, and the Smart Badge read zone features a pulsing animated circle to indicate where the device should be tapped. Both of these attention-grabbing features cycle through a pre-determined colour palette.
The devices are a similar size to an iPad mini, lightweight and can be mounted flush on a wall/stand or angle mounted.
212mm High x 122mm Wide x 9.9mm thick
172 x 106mm
Smart Badge Reader Position:
Bottom of screen
Approx. 5 - 8 hours of use depending on screen brightness and use.
At 80% brightness, battery depletion is approx. 35% every 2 hours. We recommend running the device at approximately 40% brightness.
- Flush on surface using double sided tape
- Using a universal tablet holder or angled bracket
Important: the back of the device must not be flush against conductive materials such as metals or alloys, as this may will interfere with the Smart Badge reader.
Important: If cable management isn't considered for keeping the device charged, Jomablue may swap out the device as the battery levels run low. So a mounting solution should allow for removal/replacing of the device. This could be removing and replacing the double sided tape.
Examples of Touchpoints
Updated for Jomablue 3.29 onwards