Providing quick, easy access to your Event App is important for high adoption rates amongst your Attendees. Distributing the Event App is achieved via providing your Attendees with the URL to the Event App, which can be achieved in a number of ways.
A link to the Event App can be provided to your Attendees via an Email Campaign. Simply include a button in one of your Email Templates, with a link to the Event App. The default layout for the General Template type includes this by default (see below):
The suggested Email types for including the Event App link are:
- Custom Registration Confirmation emails (via the General Campaign type, triggered upon registration of a Product)
- Event reminder emails (via the General Campaign type, scheduled a few days before your Event)
- Dedicated Event App distribution emails (via the General Campaign type, scheduled a few days before your Event)
- E-Ticket emails (via the e-Ticket Send Campaign type, scheduled a few hours before your Event)
- Event Welcome emails (via the General Campaign type, triggered upon checking in to your Event)
Similarly to Email Campaigns, a link to the Event App can be provided to your Attendees via an SMS Campaign. Unlike emails, SMS messages are text-only, so a plain link must be used.
The best use of SMS Campaigns to distribute the Event App is via a Welcome Campaign. This can be configured to send to your Attendees upon them checking in to the Event. For more information on Welcome Campaigns see this article.
Links to your Event App can be included in your e-Tickets themselves. This is an effective method for Event App distribution as each of your Attendees will use their e-Ticket to check in to your Event. See below for an example:
Signage and Credentials
Your Event App can be advertised on-site at your event via physical or digital signs, information cards, or even directly onto the Backing Card of your Smart Badge. The Event App URL can be easily converted into a QR code for this purpose - users simply need to scan the QR code with their mobile device to be directed to the Event App.